The History of Vaughan in Motion
- It was suggested that the K of C should stage a “Walk” as a fundraiser for cancer and as support for our young brother knight
- That same evening a committee was formed with Dr. Greg D’Orio, Leonard Dyanand, John Iorio and Peter Badali
- Three Maple schools participated, including St David’s, Our Lady of Peace and Father John Kelly
- $9.000 was raised for the Canadian Cancer Society
- The 5km “Walk for Cancer Care” was moved indoors to Vaughan Mills Mall. With a 1.7 km inside loop; 3 times around the mall and you’ve walked 5k!
- Donations were now directed to the York Central Hospital in Richmond Hill which was serving the Vaughan community. Funds were used to purchase Doppler machines which help locate veins for patients undergoing chemotherapy